Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mechanical Parts Completed



WOW! That's about all I can say now. I threw together the Zstage and it looks great. It even holds up better than I expected. I was originally planning on putting two supports on the ends of the X rails to keep this from falling over but it doesn't look necessary now. As it is now this thing will have a range of 20" in the X direction, 16" in the Y direction and maybe 6" in the Z. The treaded rods are hanging down now, I need to translate those up to the top so I can access them with the motor. Also I've got some more room on the Z carriage if I go back to the laser.

In other news I got my motor controller working but only slightly, using the motors I "harvested" from a printer the controller only works with a supply from 6 to 8V. The power supply should be giving this 12V. I am going to try the controller tomorrow with some more "standard" motors. The motherboard is nearing completion.
http://www.cnczone.com has a lot of good information.

No comments:

Post a Comment